Observable signs of Poor Attic Insulation are listed below:
- Due to Water Leaks – Improper insulation forces the water to enter into our home later on leads to leakage and other issues. Furthermore, there is damage to the ceiling and interior walls since the water keeps flowing inside the house.
- Ice Damming – Ice dam is formed due to the continuous process of water that melts and freezes which later leads to blockage of snow and water. This problem is considered to be one of the most common signs.
- Invasion of Pest – When the attic starts to show appearance of bugs and mice, it is a sign of the attic being weak. They are also known to cause holes to the attic and the way to tackle this is by increasing the attic insulation volume.
- Presence of Mold and Moisture – Presence of moisture on the attic leads to the growth of mold and fungi. The way to tackle this problem is to get rid of the dampness.
- Over-Use of Air Conditioners – The air conditioner of the house tends to have a lot of stress due to poor attic insulation. However, the problem is solved if the attic is well-insulated.
- Fluctuating Temperature – You will be experiencing inconsistent temperature inside your home when the attic insulation is poor. For instance; one of your room will be cooler while another one will be warmer.
These are some of the most common signs of poor attic insulation. You can consider foil backed insulation blanket to tackle the attic problems.